• Formulate policies for the development of culture and the arts at the provincial level.
• Implement these policies in coordination with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts. National Historical Commission as well affiliated cultural entities both from the private and public sectors.
• Encourage artistic creation with a climate of artistic freedom.
• Develop and promote the Filipino national culture and arts.
• Preserve Filipino cultural heritage.
One sign of a healthy community is its simultaneous ability to preserve and invent its culture — that is, to conserve its history and heritage while developing new expressions for current times. Often, the concept of preservation is interpreted as meaning stagnation when in fact, heritage and history can be the basis for innovation and advancement. It is heritage and history which are frequently essential sources of meaning that give a place character and resonance.
REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
PROVINCE OF MISAMIS ORIENTAL
PROVINCIAL GOVERNOR’S OFFICE
EXECUTIVE ORDER GYVBE NO. 2018 – 02A
AN EXECUTIVE ORDER AMENDING SECTION 4 OF EXECUTIVE ORDER GYVBE NO. 2017-001-C CREATING THE PROVINCIAL TOURISM, CULTURE AND THE ARTS COUNCIL OF THE PROVINCE OF MISAMIS ORIENTAL
WHEREAS, Section 16 of the Local Government Code of 191 provides that local government units play an important role in the development and preservation of the Filipino identity.
WHEREAS, it is vested upon the local government units the power to establish local councils whose purpose is the promotion of tourism, culture and the arts, coordinate with government agencies and non-government organizations and subject to the same availability of funds, appropriate funds for the support and development of the same.
WHEREAS, to broaden the participation of the community members in the conservation of historical and cultural heritage, the resources, and increase the participation of experts in promoting the conservation of cultural heritage and resources, a need to create a council arises.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, YEVGENY VINCENTE B. EMANO, the Provincial Governor, by virtue of powers vested in me by law and pursuant to DILG Memorandum Circular Number 2017-133 dated September 29, 2017, enjoining local government units to legislate for the establishment of Local Culture and the Arts Council, implement related projects and/or strengthen existing ones thereafter; do hereby order the amendment/deletion of Section 4 in Executive Order GYVBE 2017-001-C.
SECTION 4. COMPOSTITION – Misamis Oriental Provincial Tourism, Culture and the Arts Council shall be composed of the following:
Chairperson: Provincial Governor
Vice Chairperson: Sangguniang Panlalawigan Committee on Tourism, Culture and the Arts
• Provincial Cultural Officer or equivalent
• Provincial Planning and Development Officer
• Provincial Information Officer
• Provincial Budget Officer
• A representative from:
1. Department of Education (DepEd Division)
2. Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
3. Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA)
4. Philippine Information Agency (PIA)
5. Provincial Tourism Council
6. Provincial Historical/Heritage Society or any sectarian organization, if any
7. Local Museums
8. Local Artists Groups
9. Business Sector or Chamber of Commerce
10. Professional Sector
12. Youth Sector
13. Each from Indigenous Peoples and Cultural Communities present in the area
B. REPEALING CLAUSE
All previous issuances or parts thereof which are inconsistent herewith shall be deemed superseded by this order.
C. EFFECTIVITY CLAUSE
This Order shall take effect immediately.
Done this 12th day of February 2018 at Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines.
YEVGENY VINCENTE B. EMANO